Reasons For Microchipping Your Cat
- Permanent identification linking you to your pet - it is easy to update with current contact information as needed. If your pet is lost/stolen and its collar is removed, a vet/shelter can still return your pet home.
- Your pet is more likely to be returned to you in a timely manner saving you and your pet time and stress
- Microchips help animal shelters avoid the unnecessary expense of boarding an animal that belongs to a loving home.
- Can be used as proof of ownership if pet is ever lost or stolen, if ownership is ever in question
- All International travel requires microchip identification of all pets to cross-reference with health certificates and vaccines.
Extra Resources about Microchipping
Microchipping FAQ from the AVMA - https://www.avma.org/
AHAA Microchip Look up - https://www.aaha.org/your-pet/